• All parents are welcome to attend the Good Friday service, beginning at 2:00 PM. Students may leave for Easter vacation immediately after the service ends (usually around 4:15 PM).
• The time for student changes to their courses for next year is ended. The school schedule will be put together in the next few weeks. A copy will be emailed home once it is finished.
• Our Archery Team will be competing in State Finals this Saturday!
• Our next baseball games are: Tuesday, April 16, at 6:00 PM, at LaVergne Lutheran; Thursday, April 18, at 2:00 PM, at St. Michael’s.
We just followed our Lord’s footsteps liturgically through His bitter Passion. In so doing we commemorate His work of redemption, and we are reminded of just how much He loves us. Never forget this fact: that God loves us so much that He suffered and died for us.
There are so many today who have fallen away from the Catholic Faith, and so many more who have no love for God at all. The most persuasive argument to bring them all to Christ is the Cross: the sign of God’s love for us all. The world is in a crisis of love. Christ is the answer. If any enemy of Christ and the Church could see for just one moment how much He loves them, they would not stay away any longer. The world is in a crisis of love. Christ is the answer.
If you had to sum up all of the Christian Faith, you could do it with the Sign of the Cross—God’s love for each and every one of us. It is no wonder that the Cross is the sign of our faith. That’s why we make the Sign of the Cross so often: we begin every prayer with it; it is found in all our churches; in our homes; on works of art. Never be embarrassed or afraid to make the Sign of the Cross. It is a sermon in itself—a sermon which we are all called to preach, a sermon which the world is in desperate need of.
As we enter into the holiest time of the year, make sure you spend these next days in a special way. Go to Mass during the week if you can, read over the Lord’s Passion Death and Resurrection again on your own, make sure you go to Confession if you have not already, reflect continuously on God’s love for you, and tell someone who needs to hear it how much God loves them. The world is in a crisis of love. Christ is the answer.
• For all the benefactors of St. Michael’s Preparatory School, living and deceased.
• For all the students and families of St. Michael’s Preparatory School.
• For all faculty and staff of St. Michael’s Preparatory School.
• For the Sturkie Family’s very special intention.
• For the Church.